Conducting Elections, Primaries, Referenda, and Election Day Registration
This unit will cover the conduct of elections, primaries, referenda and election-day registration in Connecticut, including primary and election-day duties, staff management/assignments, restricted areas, opening the polls, handling problems at the polls, closing the polls and election-day registration location, and reporting the results. Procedures relating to the conduct of referenda, election-day registration and court contested elections, adjourned elections and special elections will also be reviewed. A discussion of what can go wrong and how to prevent violations will also be presented.
Delivery Method: Online - 3 hours
- The course uses an online platform (HuskyCT) and can be taken from any location using a PC computer and internet access.
- Please register for the course using the below link. ( Please ignore the date in the below registration link )
- Each section is divided into a series of videos along with the requirement of a mandatory check-in session with the instructor.
- A confirmation email along with further instructions regarding the course and other requirements will be sent to you within 2 business days of registration.
- If you are paying for your course by credit card, please complete your registration below, then follow this link CITI Registrar of Voters Training Program (touchnet.com) to UConn's Marketplace, the University's payment portal.
Please contact the CITI office at 203-251-9516 or email@example.com with any question regarding the course.